I was in the mood for homecooking this evening. Mark isn’t home for the evening. That meant I was destined to make one dish: LASAGNA!!!! I love lasagna, my aunt Nick makes the best lasagna and Mark doesn’t really care for it.
Shredded mozzarella cheese
1 red pepper (chopped)
4 onion cloves (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. In a glass casserole dish, spread a little bit of tomato sauce, to cover the bottom. Layer lasagna noodles to cover the bottom.
3. Spread ricotta cheese over the noodles.
4. Place a layer of spinach over the noodles and cheese.
5. Cover with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
6. Put on a layer of red pepper and garlic
7. Put a layer of sauce over it all
8. Repeat steps 2-7 until you reach the top of the casserole, covering it with cheese. (Note: press down on the lasagna, you can fit one more layer than you anticipate).
9. Bake for 1 hour or until cheese is melted and browning on the edges.
Note: I used no-cook lasagna noodles, because it was all Trader Joe’s had. Not my favorite noodles. I suggest using the noodles you boil first.