I almost did not cook today, because I have quite a bit going on. However, I think it is important to stick to my resolution of cooking on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Weekends….plus, I wanted to display that good meals can be made in less than 20 minutes. I am a big fan of Vodka Sauce!!! We had a jar on top of our refrigerator, and I decided to jazz it up. A super-easy dish is vodka sauce over noodles, add a can of tuna fish, and top with parmesan cheese. My “recipe” is a jazzed up version of that!
1 jar of vodka sauce (I use TJ’s Organic sauce)
1 red pepper
A handful of baby carrots chopped
1 can of tuna fish (I use the white tuna)
Pasta (your choice, I used spinach and chives linguine from TJ’s)
Parmesan cheese (the real stuff is best!)
1. Put water to boil for noodles. Cook as directed.
2. In a medium sized sauce pan, put onions, peas, carrots, and red pepper in a bit of olive oil. Saute for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add vodka sauce to the veggies and warm.
4. Add tuna to the sauce. Mix well.
5. Put sauce over a bed of noodles. Spread parmesan cheese over the top. Enjoy!
Bam! 20 minutes and a dinner fit for a king! I learned a while back that adding veggies to a pasta sauce bulks it up and makes it into a hearty meal. Cooking doesn’t have to consume all your time. There is no reason in this world that we can’t pause for 20 minutes to cook–a microwave meal can take near that amount of time (for a family)!