The other day when I was busy
working hard pinning yummy dishes on Pinterest, I pinned a pasta dish. Since then, it has been haunting me. It looked fabulous. However, the pin did not go to someone’s blog or website…it was a photobucket image. I am sure I could have found the original recipe if I put in a little bit of effort. I decided to wing it and make the dish based on the image and my imagination. It turned out delicious.
3/4 package of linguine noodles, prepared as directed
1/2 large onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup of olive oil
salt & pepper, to taste
2 large handfuls of arugula
1. Prepare the noodles, as directed
2. Add a couple teaspoons of olive oil to a large frying pan, add the onions and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add the shrimp to the frying pan. Cook until the shrimp pinks, over medium heat.
4. Add the noodles, lemon and lime juice, zest, salt/pepper, and olive oil. Combine thoroughly.
5. Add the arugula to the pasta mixture, mix and allow to wilt. Remove from heat.
This was so good. It was a perfect pasta dish for warm weather. I loved the fresh citrus taste with the peppery arugula. I love pasta, by I feel a little guilty and worry that there’s not enough of the good stuff (i.e. veggies) in most dishes. Huge handfuls of arugula helps to keep me from feeling that way.